Idaho Post Certified Training Course
Time & Location
About the Event
COURSE DESCRIPTION The CQCT Law Enforcement Defensive Tactics System provides Law Enforcement Patrol Officers the essential foundation skills for cognitive, instinctive and physical development while engaged in potential or immediate threats of being ambushed by by single or multiple attackers, that are armed and unarmed with the ability to protect, survive and dominate the engagement. The course provides a simple to learn yet comprehensive outline of strategies and tactics for effective and legal application of use of force for officer protection based on the principles of safety and liability reduction. LEARNING GOALThrough this block of instruction, students will gain a better understanding of the principles of Close Quarter Survival and how to apply these principles and techniques in Self-Defense encounters involving aggressive subjects. COURSE OBJECTIVES Upon completion of this course, the student will be able to:
- Explain and demonstrate mental conditioning and combat mindset along with the physiological effects of stress on the human body.
- Explain and demonstrate the principles of stance, footwork, and striking biomechanics as they apply to foundation tactics (cover/conceal, distance management, tactical angles, mobility, and transitions.)
- Explain and demonstrate the principles of foundation strategy when dealing with aggressive subjects.
- Explain and demonstrate the principles of 3 dimensional and realistic training and how it prepares an officer to save the life of him/her or others.
- Explain and demonstrate training methods to successfully survive single and multiple threats including edged, impact, firearms and unarmed ambush attacks at close quarters.
- Active Law Enforcement in good standing
ATTIRE & EQUIPMENT
- T-Shirt or Rash Guard (long sleeve recommended)
- Long loose fitting athletic pants, tactical pants or Gi pant
- Clean wrestling shoes or barefoot (street shoes not allowed)
- Duty Belt/Gun Belt with Training Gun – Please no live lethal guns, chemical/OC sprays, live knives, or live TASERS in the training site
- Training Knife Optional
- Groin & Mouth Protection Optional
Food & Hydration
- Snacks, fruit and optional light lunch
- Water/Hydration Drinks